A natural implementation of permaculture practice, fermentation is a healthful, safe, low energy method of food preservation. Join us and learn to make a variety of ferments including kombucha, kefir, sauerkraut and the essentials of home fermentation in this interactive and tasty workshop.
Our workshop will be guided by passionate fermento Molly Bryson.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have a basic understanding of:
- How to cultivate, feed and store your ferments for long and short term use.
- How to assess pH, alcohol and sugar levels.
- Relevant food safety and sanitization for ferments & identifying dangers.
During this hands-on workshop you will make your own traditional sauerkraut to take home.
Participants will be limited to 8 to maintain an informal interactive format.
The cost is $85 (inc. GST) and will include:
- Workshop notes and references/further reading
- Kombucha SCOBY and any other available cultures
- A generous sampling of fermented food and drink
*Please BYO jar for your SCOBY or purchase a perfect kombucha vessel from the shop.
To book follow this link or